Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kwaheri HOREC

Kwaheri means "goodbye" in Kiswahili. Today, we say "kwaheri" to our friends at HOREC. It will be a sad day for all of us. I think most of us have become attached to a child or two while we have been here (and vice versa). We are encouraged to say goodbye without tears, but I am not sure it is really possible. They have already been flowing all morning.

Michael started our day with a great devotional on James 2:14-26. After this visit, I think we are all encouraged to try to serve more, do more and better show our faith through works. Last year, I was overwhelmed by what I saw and experienced that instead of rising up to the challenge, I fell into a state of inactivity and depression. This is my second chance, and I thank God for blessing me so fully to be able to come back to Kenya! Bwana Asifiwe!

Tomorrow, we will visit another orphange - Into Abba's Arms. I know it is important to see other things and experience new things, but my heart longs to spend more time at HOREC. Those 31 kids have filled my heart with such joy. I truly wish I could share this fullness and peace of heart with all of you at home who are supporting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment